Briarwood’s Church Revitalization Ministry impacts South Africa
From Richard & Louise Verreynne: World Thrust Cape Town
On the Home Front and wider within the Body of Christ:
In December 2016 we were sent out by our local church, Sotêr Family Church, where we pastored the flock for seventeen years. Since then, we have seen God work in many new sections of the South African church. With the aid and encouragement of Briarwood’s International Church Revitalization Ministry, we have started a fourteen-month term of intensive revitalization coaching with six churches, and we are at the point of taking four more local churches onto the agenda in October 2017 and an additional six in early in 2018. May God birth this to a movement under His Spirit.
What is it All about?
Prayer, small group discipleship, leadership development and the gifts of the Spirit are some of the foundational platforms that are restored in local churches. They can once again boldly and faithfully bring the Kingdom of Christ to bear in communities all around us and carry the Gospel of Christ to all nations as far as the Lord may lead.
Healthy churches become more giving as they get to see God Himself give and give again. Healthy churches no longer want to simply survive, they want to actively glorify God by obeying His every command and surrendering to His Holy Spirit for empowerment.
- A Dutch Reformed Church on the West Rand with whom we work, have just completed a cross-cultural mission trip to the north of Mozambique. Thank you, Lord, that we can be part of this.
- A Reformed Church in the heart of Pretoria with whom we work, has joined hands with a few neighboring churches to plant a multi-cultural church among immigrants in Tshwane. Lord, in this we rejoice!
- A mission mobilizing trip to Russia a few years ago has now led to a network of churches focusing their attention on the Caucasus to reach out among the Buddhist villages of Kalmykia and plant churches there.
- We are working with a township church in Gugulethu to develop them as a model for revitalizing and mobilizing many more African churches to become sender-bases for the Lord of the Harvest.
Message to our Prayer Partners:
First and foremost we send our love. Yes, because of you we give praise to God. Please gird yourself for this next term of ministry and faith involvement in what God is going to do through us. Trust the Lord with us for the new and fruitful mobilizing strategies of World Thrust.
- Pray for Louise as she enjoys being an ouma and intercedes for her husband, while running our home office.
- Pray for Richard as he mentors and multiplies men and women to share in his ministry passion for the Church.
- Pray for our World Thrust “A Team” consisting of 25 well-trained Associate Teachers who will be helping to lead seminars and mission conferences over the next couple of months.
- Pray for a renewed request to continue with mission mobilizing in China.
- July 23-29: Richard will be doing his 10th month of Fanning the Flame coaching with six churches in Gauteng
- Pray for Richard’s teaching role in a Pastors’ Conference in Kuils River July 31 to August 3